Truffled Wild Mushroom Spaghetti
- Truffled Wild Mushroom Spaghetti
- 1 lb fresh spaghetti pasta
- 1 lb assorted fresh wild mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- To finish
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Shaved parmesan (for garnish)
- White truffle oil (for drizzling)
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add salt until it tastes like the sea – (about 1-2 tbsp)
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add butter and olive oil. When melted and butter is just beginning to brown, add mushrooms and shallot. Sauté over high heat until mushrooms begin to turn golden and shallots are translucent. Add herbs and heavy cream and simmer just long enough to slightly reduce the cream. Add cracked black pepper and a pinch of sea salt to taste.
While cooking mushrooms, boil pasta according to directions to al dente, about 2-3 minutes. Drain, and toss pasta with hot mushroom/cream mixture.
Garnish servings with drops of truffle oil, shaved parmesan, and Italian parsley. Serve with The Four Graces Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.