Parisian Steak and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches
- 4 ozs beef filet steaks (about 4)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 croissants
- 6 ozs Brie cheese, cut into 1/2 -inch slices, rind removed, at room temperature
- 2 cups arugula tossed lightly in extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh red bell peppers, thinly sliced
Season the steaks with salt and pepper. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for about 5 minutes each side for medium-rare. Set aside for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice the steak, across the grain, into 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick slices.
Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Using a serrated knife, slice the croissants in half lengthwise. In 2 batches, place the croissant halves, cut side-down in the skillet and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute until lightly toasted. Spread the Brie over the toasted croissant halves. Place about 1/4 cup of the arugula on the bottom halves of the croissants. Add the sliced steak. Arrange the red bell pepper on top of the steak. Top with the remaining arugula and add the top of the croissant. Serve immediately.