Cold Asian Noodle Salad with Chicken & Wontons
- 1 package soba noodles
- 2 cups shredded, roasted chicken (Can use store rotisserie or cooked shrimp)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or julienned
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced or julienned
- 5 green onions, bottom 4 inches, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced or julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned Bok Choy
- 1 cup bean sprouts, 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 tbsps peanuts, for garnish
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsps rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp hot chili oil
- 2 tbsps hoisin sauce
- 7 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
In a medium stock pot, boil water, add salt and cook noodles. When finished, place noodles in an ice water bath to cool. Drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl combine, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, hot chili oil, hoisin and extra-virgin olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
Combine prepared vegetables, chicken and noodles. Pour dressing on top and mix well with other ingredients.
Place into bowls and garnish with crispy wonton strips (see below) and peanuts.
Cut wonton into strips and quickly fry in 1” vegetable oil – drain and lightly salt