Baked Brie with Dried Cherries & Thyme
- 1/2 wheel of Brie (about 4” diameter) at room temperature
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsps chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 425°.
Slice off the top rind of the Brie and discard. On a sheet of waxed paper or parchment, roll the pastry out to a 12” square and cut two 6” rounds from it. Put one of the rounds on a small rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle with half of the dried cherries and thyme leaving a ½” border around the edge, and gently press so they adhere.
Set the Brie, rind side down, on top of the pastry, sprinkle with the remaining cherries and thyme, and cover with the other pastry. Crimp the edges together to seal in the cheese. Brush the top of the dough with the butter.
Bake until pastry browns, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 15-20 minutes and serve.